I took them up on the offer for a free sample and sure enough in a few days it showed up on my doorstep. It was a 2 x 12 sample and I decided to use it on the Eclipse as there was some wear marks from use.
|Small wear marks that needed some attention|
|These were all the tools I needed|
|Peeling it apart|
|Smoothing it out|
I then peeled off the blue protective covering to see a whiteish patch and man was it sticky to the touch! Little bells started ringing in my gray matter and I knew something was wrong.
I made a quick beeline to the computer and did a search on KeelEazy and found a YouTube tutorial on how to apply it.
That's how it's done??
I hurried back down and took those nice black thick pieces I had set aside and quickly laid them on top of the adhesive and dropped them on and took the hairdryer to them. Yup, I had peeled off the wrong pieces and done it all ass backwards! What a dumbass I am sometimes, please don't take the time to refine this point to me next time you meet up with me!
I spent a few extra minutes heating and smoothing it out and hoped for the best. According to the website I could peel it off easily enough if I needed to. In the morning I went out and checked both patches. I'll be damned but both rock solid! I tried to get my fingernail under the edge and it was tough to do so. I need to take it out and run it into the sand a few times to make a full determination of how it preforms but it feels like the Dynel patches I put on the Courier and am anguished to see how it does.
|Two views on the next day|